This is a report of my winter mountaineering trip to Ras and Timesguida n’Ouanoukrim. They are the second and third highest peaks in Morocco, North Africa. An approaching storm made me turn around on the summit ridge.
- Name: Ras and Timesguida n’Ouanoukrim
- Height: 4083 m and 4088 m
- Location: High Atlas, Morocco, Africa
- Date: End of November 2012
- Conditions: Winter
- Route: East ridge from Tizi n’Ouagane
Ras and Timesguida belong to the Ouanoukrim mountain chain and are the second and third highest peaks in Morocco, after Jebel Toubkal. I tried to climb them the day after I summited Toubkal. The approach is the same as for Toubkal, see the section “To the refuges” there. I stayed in the CAF Toubkal Refuge (3207 m, formerly Refuge Neltner) run by the French alpine club, the smaller and older one of the two refuges below Toubkal.more ...